Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Robert Travis Box

My little man is finally here. It's story time again and right now I am taking advantage to get this posted before I am to busy again to do so. I woke up yesterday morning at 330 and had to go bathroom. Thought my water had broke and my contractions started at about 5 minutes apart with a fury. I called my mom so she could be there when Joanna his big sister woke up. I quickly progressed to 3 minutes apart with my painful contractions in the short trip to the hospital. We got to the hospital about 445 checked in and they checked me. Monday morning at my doctor's appointment I was dialated to a 3. When they checked me at the hospital at about 5am I was closer to a 4. They got me up to delivery and by the time I got my epidural which I was crying for I was at a 7. When my doctor came to check me and finally break my water I was at 9. After he broke my water they gave me a little bit of pitosen (spelling) to get my contractions a little closer together since they had slowed down when my epidural kicked in. I went to a 10 really quick and I was ready to push. It was only 20minutes till my handsome son came out. My doctor barely made it back in time to help catch him it went so quickly. Unfortunately he had to go to the NICU for the night last night but he is in my room with me finally. He has taken to breastfeeding like a champ. Got to start feeding every 3 hours. Paul cutting the umbilical cord.

Me holding him for the first time

He is so adorable. I can't believe it.

Do I have to wear this oxygen? I'd rather eat it.

Well okay I guess I will let it be in my nose.

Mommy loving on her cute little man. Already perfecting the pout.

1 comment:

Cami and Wes said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!! Love!